LOCATION: Bare Wire Division, NY Plants: OWI-C, Jordan, Rome
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
The Maintenance Technician is responsible to repair and maintain mechanical equipment and machines. Complete daily work assignments, maintain records, provide assistance to co-workers and maintain a clean, safe and organized environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Repair and maintain mechanical equipment and machines
- Electrical repairs as needed
- Assist in developing preventive and corrective maintenance programs
- Complete daily work assignments in a time and accurate manner
- Maintain complete records of daily maintenance activities
- Maintain work area clean, safe and organized
- Operate maintenance equipment safely to avoid accidents
- Maintain the maintenance tools and equipment in safe, clean and good working conditions
- Provide assistance to co-workers when needed
- Adhere to company policies, safety regulations and OSHA requirements
- Perform maintenance tasks based on pictures, blueprints, written descriptions and oral instructions from Supervisors or Managers.
- Daily communication with Maintenance Manager to ensure objectives are met.
- Support and comply with company policies and procedures as applicable.
- Demonstrate a positive and supportive attitude.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Electrical and mechanical repairs
- Associates’ degree in industrial maintenance preferred
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Time Management
- Standard Manufacturing Plant Working Conditions
- 60%-70% of time spent on the shop floor
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Frequently required to stand and walk
- May be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Medical and Dental
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Not applicable