ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSOCIATE
LOCATION: Camden, New York
REPORTS TO: Division Controller
JOB PURPOSE: The Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for providing Accounts Payable duties including financial, administrative, and clerical services. This position will report directly to the Division Controller.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Enters invoices into the system after validating that the invoice, receiving report, and purchase order properly match.
- Resolves pricing discrepancies between supplier invoices and IWG purchase orders by working with the Purchasing department.
- Resolves quantity discrepancies between supplier invoice and IWG receiving report by working with the Receiving department.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities and ensures credit is received for outstanding discrepancies.
- Reconciles supplier accounts by verifying monthly statements and internal receiving documents.
- Assists in the monthly financial statement closing process by preparing assigned reports or providing documentation as directed by the Division Controller.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Associate’s Degree in Accounting/Business or 1-3 years’ experience in Accounts Payable is required.
Strong computer skills are required including a clear understanding of windows-based programs such as Microsoft tools (e.g., Excel, Word, Access and Outlook).
- Medical and Dental
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Not applicable